Saturday, June 14, 2008

thoughts

So im feeling a bit idle now. Before i was looking forward to something that was going to happen in the immediate future (a couple of days or a week). Now i have my placement, my things are being processed for my visa and my plane tickets have been purchased. Now the only thing for me to do is sit and wait. Wait till it is finally my time to leave and that is still five weeks away. It seems like an eternity from where i am now. Im trying to keep busy so the time goes faster, but its not working. I know that time will fly once June 28th arrives, but till then its excruciating. I feel like im in some sort of limbo/holding pattern waiting to get started.

June 28th is the day i leave to go back to Florida. The Florida trips always seem to fly by because you are busy from the time you get up till the time you sleep. Im looking forward to that trip because its the big trip with all my cousins. In the last trip i didn't get to do as many thing cause the "grown-ups" don't do them. After i get back i only have another 2 weeks to tie up loose ends and say my good-byes to everyone before i go.

Im also having more packing crisis's. I practiced packing my clothes and found that they alone will take up a suitcase and a half, not from space but from weight. I didnt even figure it out once i add the shoes. Im going to have to put sooo much in my carry-ons that i think my arm is going to fall off.

The problem is, is that i need enough clothes for the whole year because im not sure what im am going to be able to fit in there. At 5'8 the options are going to be limited. And shoes will be impossible. Plus all the photos and other things that i want to take to make my apt feel a little more like home. Im trying to dial down the amount to things that i am taking, but at the same time i know that i need to do more shopping cause i dont have enough work clothes, quite a dilemma.


Sorry this post is a little negative and whiny...i wont make it a habit.

0 comments: