Sunday, August 3, 2008

one week!!

So i survived my first week in Japan. This week has been crazy though. It started last sat. with going out with my co-workers. Sunday i didnt do much, just moved into my apt. That night there was a party for the school...it was really nice, because i was able to meet some of my students and speak to them...It was sooo hot though. It was at a beirgarden so outside..in july. I have been refusing to look at the weather, because i dont even want to know how hot it is outside.

Monday was a really busy day. First my leaving teacher had to take me all around the city getting all of the things that i need. I had to apply for my alien regstration card and get a few things... then i went to the school so he could show me some of the things that he used during lessons... tried to pay attention, i really did and i think i got half of it...it was just so hot and i am not used to all this exercise. Then i had to go home for a quick change because even though it was my day off, i had to go to the school to observe a few of the other teachers lessons...and to top it off i hadnt slept more that a few hrs in a week. needless to say, i slept well that night.

Tuesday started my first day of classes...that day may have been the hardest day ever...most of the day i was asking myself, why did i come here and was close to tears. Each day things got better though and by the end of the week i was feeling like my old self and much more positive. even the other teachers said they can see the change in me from that first day.

I was just asking a friend of mine, if maybe they put something in the water in Japan. It seems as if i set foot here and all of the sudden 11 hr work days seem normal...thinking about spending that much time at the office doesnt seem like a big deal...I told my mother about my work day and she was like "WHY are you working that long!!". Even coming in on my day off seems like a good idea...lol. The school feels like a second home, since i spend more time there that in my apt.

Today on my official first day off, my first weekend, i did some shopping this morning. Even shopping right now is an adventure. First i went to the grocery store... it took me soo long to even buy a small amount of things...Then had to go home to put things away before going out me next adventure, daiso!!!. I cant do too much shopping at once because i am getting around on a bike with a basket. I can only buy as much as can fit in the basket. So after my big grocery store adventure i was off again in search of the famous daiso. Daiso is like a big dollar general, so 90 percent of things are a dollar, but not all. When i say big, i mean big, five floors of things for a dollar. Yeah!! And they have like everythings...i think i found my new favorite place to play =)

So thats a really quick summary of my week...now that things are leveling off (i hope) ill try to post more.

0 comments: