Thursday, October 9, 2008

sept. 15th

Ok so yesterday was the Tea Ceremony / moon viewing at Kourakuen. I went with two other teachers at my school. We got there early at like 5 and just sat around and talked for a while before it started to get dark. When it was getting close to 7 i went off to find the people that i had met the first time to the garden. I finally found them and they invited us to go with them to have tea at their area. We then went and did the first tea ceremony outside. This was the same as the first one that i went to. I remember a lot of what to do, but not all...lol. We then walked and went to the tea house and did the tea ceremony inside. For this there is a lot more rule to be careful of. My one friend walked me through it and i think i got through without insulting anyone. After the ceremony she told me about this tea class that she and some of the other go to. She said i should come to class and may be start taking it. Im so excited i cant even explain. The tea ceremony was one of the things that got me interested in Japan all the way back in 7th grade. I feel like its this kind of cultural thing that i came to Japan for.

0 comments: