Friday, May 9, 2008

No More College

Soooo, i graduated college today...or at least i had my last final. Im done, the actual graduation is not till next Friday though. Its kind of a weird feeling. Ever since i found out that i got the job in Japan i have been looking forward, past graduation, to going over and starting. Now that im actually done im starting to think that i dont want to leave college. My housemate a few weeks ago started denial about graduation. She wouldn't let anyone talk about it and called it the G-word. Now im starting to see what she was talking about. College has been without a doubt the BEST four years of my life so far.

I remember arriving at welcome week, meeting my roommate and how nervous i was. Back then i was a completely different person. That person never would have even dreamed about picking up and moving to another country, let alone doing it. I have changed so much. The majority of the change i can attribute to my sorority and my fabulous sisters. It is leaving them that brings the most regret about graduating. These girls mean the world to me and its hard to look to the future and know that they are not just down the street. Even given this though i know that they are only a very expensive phone call away. Thats whats going to get me through this i think.

After my last final today i started my getting ready for Japan regime of learning Japanese. Since i know no Japanese what so ever i feel like this is probably a good thing. I am starting easy and forcing myself to learn 20 new Japanese words a day. I have almost learned all my words for the day. This is going to be harder than i thought...hmmmm.

Im looking forward to my next two trips. In about three weeks im going to Florida...disney world to be exact. My family owns timeshare so we go alot. I go again in the first week in July for the 4th. These two trips and working all the time to save money for Japan are going to make the next couple months fly by. Before you know it, ill be writing from Japan. Right now i guess ill just have to settle for Japan in Disney World.


Im the one on the right


0 comments: